Friday, May 21, 2010

Hi. And my next sewing project. And also a recently discovered band that I *adore*.

I'm so inspired by all the amazing sewing blogs out there. There are a number that I check in on every day. I thought I'd give the blogging thing a try, but I doubt I will be limited to just sewing related things because I'm also a huge music fan and also I love all things nerdy and/or retro.

So, in the hopes of getting the blogging thing rolling, here is my next sewing project.

Cute, right? I was out briefly yesterday to get some plain cream cotton for a quilt project I'm also working on, when this pattern caught my eye. It has some pretty cute retro styling and I fell in love with it. Then I fell in love with it some more when I realized that the pattern had bodice pieces for different bra cup sizes, which makes fitting about eleventy-million times easier for me. I can't wait to get started on this one. I'm not sure which version I'm going to make but I will post some photos once it's done.

Also, I would love for everyone to check out an amazing band from Jonkoping, Sweden called The Mary Onettes. My iTunes "Genius" kept recommending this band to me, so I finally gave in to the cyber-pressure and listened. Wow. I wish I'd listened to my "Genius" earlier because they're perfect for me. And for you too, if you happen to like things like Echo & The Bunnymen, The Cure, New Order, The Church, The Raveonettes and The Stone Roses.

Here's a song from their most recent album.





Brilliant.

Ta ta,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment