Thursday, June 10, 2010

Zipper Quilt done!

I have actually been sewing like a mad person the past few days. I haven't had time to update the blog - lots of happenings including R finding out that she needs glasses. She is not a very happy 5 year old little girl at the moment. I think she looks adorable in them, but there's no convincing her.


About a year ago I started sewing a quilt from a book called "The Modern Quilt Workshop". The pattern is called the Zipper Quilt and it has about 3000 pieces. I'm not sure what I was thinking as I had only done 2 very simple quilts prior to taking on this project. One year later, I had finally finished piecing the top.


My Mom very graciously agreed to quilt the top of this queen size quilt for me on her Juki that is mounted into a quilting frame. It's done and it looks amazing! Here is is on our bed:



And a close up of the cool meander pattern Mom did on it. It's quilted with a medium brown thread, which I think looks wonderful.



I also have to throw a big thank you out to my Mom for doing the binding as well. She is an expert hand sewer, and I am ... not.

I have also sewn a dress for R, a bathing suit for R and have tackled my first vintage pattern in the past few days:



I'll try to get photos of everything up in the next few days. I also would like to sew another Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt before we leave on vacation next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment