Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quickie Infant Bibs

R informed me yesterday that it was one of her preschool teachers last day tomorrow, because she was leaving to have her baby. Her teachers are so sweet and R really loves them, so we decided to put together a small gift bag for her.

We got a vibrating teether (cool!), a baby bath piggy-duck that tests the temperature, some wrist rattles and a couple hooded towels. We also wanted to get bibs but they were all so yucky and boring; I told R I would whip up a couple from my scraps when I got home. And...ta da:



The (free!) pattern was found on this cool blog called Nested. The instructions are very good and the bibs are sure cute when done. Also, fast to make - each one only took about 15 minutes. The contrast portion on the bottom is a pocket to catch spills. They are small, though, definitely only for tiny, cute newborns.

I will definitely be making more of these in future.

The blue and green one is from left-over fabric from 2 different quilts, and the brown and ice-blue one is made from cotton from a summer dress and a tote I made a couple weeks ago.

Also, in other sewing news, the jacket that I started for the summer wedding is done except for buttons and button holes. Somehow the crazy-looking bust fitting adjustment that I did actually worked. Huh.

I hope to get the buttons done tomorrow and then I will post photos of that too, as well as a pattern review on my account over at Pattern Review.

2 comments:

  1. If snaps doesn't go along and doesn't work to hold the baby bibs tightly then probably buttons will do. I think buttons is better because toddlers will find it so hard to take it off. Unlike the baby bibs that is a tie-able one or has a snap on, toddlers can pull it off and it might be damage the baby bib easily. It might be better to loose more the neck of the baby bibs to avoid the hassle of wearing and taking off.

    ReplyDelete