Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Potholders

I realized this weekend that this coming week is Riley's last week of school before the holiday break. She has 2 teachers for grade 1 -- Madame Erin, who teaches her Monday through Thursday and Monsieur Burrus, who teaches her on Friday. Now Mr. "B" (as the kids call him) is hipster/music/science/cool guy, so he's going to get an iTunes gift card. Mme Erin, however, strikes me more as a Commercial Drive/hippie/organic food/composter type, so I figured she might actually appreciate something home made.

I had lots of Insulbright left over from the VMQG/FVMQG Potholder Pass, so I sorted through my scraps this morning, found a bunch of red, green and white, and whipped up a couple scrap-busting potholders.

Christmas Potholders by HeatherEndearing
Christmas Potholders, a photo by HeatherEndearing on Flickr.


I used this quick and easy Tutorial from My Girl Thursday. These were SO FAST to make, mostly because they're not bound like a traditional quilt.  I did bind the ones I made for the potholder pass, but these still look really cute and took about 1/8th the amount of time.  I still have a ton of Insulbright left, so perhaps a few more of these will be made for miscellaneous Christmas gifts.


Now watch this cute video of She and Him singing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and you'll be in the holiday spirit!



xo
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment