Sunday, December 4, 2011

An early New Year's resolution

So. I've totally ignored this blog for the past 18 months. Bad me. Life has been busy, Riley is in Grade 1 now and I'm on the executive for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild. I've decided to make sure I spend a little time each week here writing and posting some of my projects. I get so much enjoyment out of reading other people's blogs... not necessarily saying that mine will be super thrilling but even if a few friends/guildies read it once in a while, then I'll be happy.

I've resurrected my long-dormant Flickr account, which I'm hoping will make things easier in terms of uploading photos. 

Yesterday's project? Well, Riley had a one-day stomach bug which normally would have put the kibosh on my entire day, but SHE TOOK A NAP. Miracle! I ran down to my sewing room and whipped up this quick laptop sleeve for my new laptop.

Laptop sleeveLaptop SleeveLaptop Sleeve

Laptop Sleeve, a set on Flickr.

I followed a tutorial done by Elizabeth Hartman for SewMamaSew! and it worked out perfectly, although I did add in an extra layer of cotton quilt batting for additional protection.

xoxo and extra promises of regular updatyness,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather! Good to see a new post on your blog again! I look forward to seeing what you're sewing in between guild meetings.

    ReplyDelete